Local Nature Reserves (LNRs)
These sites are classified by the local authority in consultation with Natural England. They are chosen for their wildlife and receive some protection from development. Local Nature Reserves (LNRs) in Walsall are all on land owned or managed by the council. Many LNRs are also SSSIs, SINCs or SLINCs.
What sites are protected?
- Sneyd Reservoir - Vernon Way, WV12 5DE
- Brownhills Common, The Parade, Brownhills, Walsall WS8 7NG
- Shire Oak Local Nature Reserve, Andrews Road, Walsall Wood, Walsall, WS9 9RH
- Moorcroft Wood, Hawkswood Drive, Darlaston, WS10 8GA
- Pelsall North Common and Nest Common, Wood Lane, Pelsall, Walsall, WS3 5AA
- Park Lime Pits, Park Road, Walsall, WS4 2HH
- Barr Beacon, Beacon Road, Walsall, WS9 0QW
- Cuckoo's Nook and the Dingle, Sutton Road, Walsall, WS9 0PQ
- Merrion's Wood, Birmingham Road/Skip Lane, Great Barr, B43 7AN
- Mill Lane, Walsall