Homebreadcrumb separatorCommunity and livingbreadcrumb separatorBenefits


Universal Credit full service is expanding to more parts of Walsall from 18 July 2018. From this date working age people who come under the postcode areas covered by Bridle Court and Bayard House Jobcentres who want to make a new claim for housing costs need to make a claim to Universal Credit rather than Housing Benefit.


There is a postcode checker on our Universal Credit pages if you want to check whether your postcode is in a full service Universal Credfit area.


If you live in a postcode area that is not covered by full service Universal Credit you can continue to claim Housing Benefit by visiting our First Stop shop or by phoning 0300 555 2855 and requesting a Housing Benefit form.


Please remember that Universal Credit does not provide any help with Council Tax. If you are on a low income or on Universal Credit you can still claim help  

towards your Council Tax by making a claim for Council Tax reduction at our First Stop shop or on 0300 555 2855.


If you want help with your housing costs or council tax, want to know more about Universal Credit, want to claim free school meals or get advice on welfare benefits then Walsall Council can help you. Please use the links on this page to find more information about this.  


Free School Meals

Free School Meals and extra funding for your school  
Free school meals are available to all pupils in maintained schools, academies and free schools. 

Apply for Free School Meals online here 

Or visit the webpage 


Customer Satisfaction Survey

Please click the link below to complete the customer satisfaction survey and provide your feedback on the service you received today

Customer Satisfaction Survey