This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Report benefit fraud

Claiming benefits you’re not entitled to is called benefit fraud.

You are committing fraud if you deliberately:

  • fail to report a change in your circumstances
  • provide false information

Report Housing Benefit fraud

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) investigates Housing Benefit fraud. You can find out more about fraud and investigations on the government’s website.

If you suspect someone of committing benefit fraud, you can report them online, by phone, textphone or in writing. Include as much information as you can about the person you’re reporting. For example:

  • their name
  • their address
  • the type of fraud you think they’re committing

Phone: 0800 854 4400

Textphone: 0800 328 0512

National Benefit Fraud Hotline, Mail Handling Site A, Wolverhampton, WV98 2BP

Report council tax reduction (CTR) fraud

Walsall Council investigates CTR fraud. If you suspect someone of committing CTR fraud, you should contact the benefits team.

Rate this page