Staying Safe in our parks and green spaces
On Monday 1st June the government published new staying safe outside your home guidance setting out the principles we all must follow to ensure that time spent outside our homes is as safe as possible.
From Monday 1st June you are able to do the following in Walsall’s parks and green spaces:
- Spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, in groups of up to six people
- Exercise outdoors as often as you wish whilst following social distancing guidelines.
- Groups who play team sports can meet to train together but must be in separate groups of no more than 6, and must be 2m apart at all times.
At all times, you should continue to observe social distancing guidelines when you are outside your home, including ensuring you are 2 metres away from anyone outside your household. You cannot:
- use outdoor gyms, playgrounds, or play areas. The basketball courts, multi-use games areas, and splash pads will remain closed until further notice.
- gather in a group of more than six (excluding members of your own household), except for a few specific exceptions set out in law (for work, funerals, house moves, supporting the vulnerable, in emergencies, and to fulfil legal obligations).