This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Alcohol and entertainment

Discover more about licences for selling and supplying alcohol and providing entertainment

The Licensing Act 2003 provides a system of regulation for the sale or supply of alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment. The Home Office has responsibility for this legislation.

The Licensing Act 2003 covers:

  • the sale or supply of alcohol
  • the provision of regulated entertainment
  • the supply of late night refreshment

The Licensing Authority may issue:

  • premises licences
  • club premises certificates
  • personal licences (associated with the sale of alcohol)
  • temporary event notices (for occasional events involving less than 500 people)


Contact information:

Before contacting us, please check to see if we can answer your question from our online information.

  • Address:

    Licensing Unit, Walsall Council, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall WS1 1TP

  • Phone:

    01922 653050

  • Open during office hours: 8:45am to 5:15pm Mon - Fri

  • Email: