This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Make a complaint

unhappy emoji face

Your complaints can help us to improve the services we provide to everyone. Please tell us if we have:

  • failed to do something we should have done
  • performed a service badly
  • treated you badly or discourteously

There's a different process if you want to complain about a councillor.

Report a problem or make an appeal

We can fix some problems without going through the complaints procedure. You can report common problems (for example, potholes and fly-tipping) using our online reporting forms

You can also:

How to complain

You'll need to sign in to your MyAccount to make a complaint.

You'll have the option to upload photographs or documents to support your complaint.

Any data collected as part of the application will be used in accordance with data protection law and the UK GDPR. Find out more about how we process your data.

If you're unable to complete the online form, you can:

What happens next?

First, we’ll acknowledge your complaint when we receive it. We’ll make sure it goes to the right service so they can take action.

Stage 1

We’ll investigate your complaint and send you a full response within 20 working days. If we need more time to respond, we will let you know.

Stage 2

If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact us using your online account, or by phone. A senior officer will review the matter and make sure the initial investigation was carried out properly. We will send a full response within 20 working days.

Local Government Ombudsman

After our stage 2 response, if you are still unhappy and want to take your complaint further, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman.

Rate this page