This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Complain about an elected member

Under the Localism Act 2011, the council has adopted a local Code of Conduct for Members and Co-opted Members along with arrangements for dealing with complaints.

The council’s Monitoring Officer will initially assess allegations against elected or co-opted members for breach of the council’s Code of Conduct for Members. 

Accordingly, if anyone wants to complain about the conduct of a member of the Council, they must submit a complaint, in writing, to the address shown at the bottom of this.

Preparing to make a complaint

Please ensure that you read all the information before you submit a complaint.

The Monitoring Officer can only deal with complaints about the alleged behaviour and conduct of a Member. They will not deal with complaints about any of the council’s directorates, or matters not covered by the Council’s Code of Conduct. A copy of the Code of Conduct for Members is included in the documents below.

If you want to make a complaint against any member of the council, you will have to complete the necessary Complaint Form and provide relevant evidence to substantiate your allegation(s). The Form is available to collect from the Monitoring Officer or the PDF version can be used instead below.

Download list

You can also download information about arrangements for dealing with Standards complaints.

Download list

Once you have completed the form you must return it to: 

The Monitoring Officer, 

Legal and Democratic Services, 

Walsall Council, 

Town Hall, Darwall Street, 

Walsall, WS1 1TP

Rate this page