This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Report a planning breach

If works have taken place without the correct planning permission, you can report it to us.

We can investigate:

  • new buildings 
  • extensions 
  • internal and external works to a listed building 
  • changing the use of land or buildings 
  • non-compliance with conditions attached to a planning permission 
  • putting up certain advertisements 
  • removing or lopping protected trees

We won't investigate:

  • private disputes with neighbours
  • disgreements over boundary, ownership or party walls
  • covenant issues
  • use of, or development on, highways, pavements or verges

There are other ways to report:

How to make a report

First, you should check if the works already have planning permission. You can do this by searching the planning history.

If you still think there is a breach, you can report it online. Where possible, please include photographs and any other evidence.

We do not investigate anonymous reports.

Your personal information when reporting a planning breach

When you report a planning breach, we will record the following information:

  • your name
  • your address and contact information
  • the address of the alleged breach
  • details of the breach as reported, and any documents you provide

We will treat your personal information confidentially. It will not be given to people or organisations outside of the council unless we are legally required to do this.

Find out more about the information we collect.

What happens next

We will assess your report against our local enforcement plan. You can download the documents below for more information.

Download list


The registers below provide details of notices that have been served, and compliance.

Download list

Rate this page