What we do
Safeguarding of vulnerable adults and older people
We arrange adult social care support for:
- adults with mental health needs
- older people with physical or mental health needs including dementia
- adults with physical disability or sensory impairment
- adults with a learning disability
- adults with autism
- young people with physical disability, sensory impairment, learning disability or autism who are in transition to adult social care services
- the carers of adults and older people
For all adult social care user groups we provide:
- information, advice and signposting on sources of support
- individual, family and community capacity building to achieve and retain independence
- facilitation of access to universal services
- preventative services that lead to regaining and retention of independence
- reablement services that lead to regaining and retention of independence
- support for carers to enable them to undertake and continue their caring role
- out of hours emergency on call service
- assessment of need of adults
- allocation of personal budgets
- validation and review of support plans
- market-shaping and development,and the commissioning of services
Adult Social Care Directorate Plan 2021/22
If you are concerned for yourself or someone you know, contact us on 0300 555 2922.
We will deal with your concerns sensitively and confidentially wherever possible.
Our Walsall Safeguarding Partnership has much more information on how we are working to keep adults safe in Walsall.
Please use the following details for all social care queries:
- Telephone 0300 555 2922
- Fax 01543 372947
- Textphone 07919 014 925
Adult Social Care
Contact us by email
Walsall Community Living Directory
Walsall Community Living Directory is a one-stop web-based directory of everything that’s available within your local community.
In line with the Care Act (Information, Advice & Guidance) Walsall residents can find out about local and national care and support services including what’s going on in their local community by accessing Walsall Community Living Directory.
The directory at www.wcld.co.uk/ is managed by Adult Social Care. It provides an easy-to-search comprehensive directory of clubs, community, third sector and voluntary organisations, care providers, self help groups and what’s on listing of local events.
Individuals can search information under the key headings:
Last reviewed: March 2021