This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Apply for a roadworks permit

Walsall Council is a permitting authority. If you are a works promoter you will need a permit to carry out roadworks in Walsall Borough. We can approve or refuse an application, and add conditions to control and co-ordinate roadworks.

Permit scheme

You can find full details about the permit scheme in the document below:

Download list

Permit scheme fees
Activity type Strategically significant streets* Non-strategically significant streets
Provisional advance authorisation £93.00 £69.00
Major (over 10 days duration and/or requiring a TTRO) £218.00 £136.00
Standard £126.00 £74.00
Minor £51.00 £36.00
Immediate £45.00 £31.00
Permit variation £45.00 £31.00

*as defined in the Department for Transport's Statutory Guidance for Highway Authority Permit Schemes (pdf)

How to apply

You must make your application electronically using 'Street Manager' on the government's website.

Help with your application

If you need advice about submitting a permit application, or for general enquiries, email the NRSWA team.

For work involving temporary road closures and/or temporary traffic regulation orders, email the traffic management team.