Report a breach of planning regulations
Planning permission is needed for activities such as:
- most types of building work
- changes of use
- works to protected trees
- many advertisements
If you are aware of works that you think do not have permission, please check by reviewing the planning history.
If you still think they are in breach, please let us know, including photographs and other evidence.
You can report a suspected breach of planning regulations.
We ensure regulations are followed through planning enforcement.
When we can take action
If someone does any of the following without the proper approvals:
- putting up new buildings
- adding extensions to existing buildings
- changing the use of land or buildings
- putting up adverts
- removing or lopping protected trees
- working on the inside or exterior of a listed building
We can also take action if planning permission has been granted, but the approved plans and/or the conditions attached to the approval have not been followed properly.
When we can't take action
- boundary or ownership disputes
- Party Wall Act issues
- covenant issues
- use of, or development on, highways, pavements or verges
- dangerous structures