Pay your penalty charge notice (PCN)
A penalty charge notice (PCN) is a fine that we issue to a vehicle that:
- is parked in breach of parking regulations
- breaks a traffic rule (for example, driving in a bus lane)
If you've received a PCN, please allow one working day for it to appear on our system. You can then pay or challenge it.
Pay your PCN online
To use our online payment system, you'll need to have your PCN number, vehicle registration number and a credit/debit card.
Other ways to pay
You can also pay by:
- phone (during opening hours or by using our 24-hour automated service)
- cash - at a PayPoint outlet or at any Post Office using the barcode on your PCN
- cheque or postal order - make it payable to Walsall Council, write your PCN number on the back and send it to us by post (please do not send post-dated cheques)
If you choose to pay by cheque or cash, make sure you allow at least 3 days for your payment to reach us.
Challenge a PCN or view evidence
If you think you shouldn't have received a PCN, you can challenge it. You can do this:
- online, which will give you instant advice and answers
- by post - tell us your name, address, penalty number (beginning with ‘XD’) and vehicle registration number, and we'll get back to you
You can also ask to view evidence. Please have your penalty number, contravention code and vehicle registration number ready.
We do not accept telephone challenges/appeals.
For general information about PCNs visit www.patrol-uk.info