This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Local Land Charges FAQ

No, not since the Severn Trent agency agreement was terminated in March 2000. These should now be directed to Severn Trent Searches.

Alternatively we can apply on your behalf to Severn Trent Water and/ or the Coal Authority for reports if requested at the time of submitting your full Local Authority Search.

Yes, we can tell you if the site is within 250 metres of a former or operational landfill site.

The Pollution Control Division (01922 658040) is able to supply a map or location plan showing the boundary of the landfill site(s) in question and, in some cases, a synopsis of relevant details.

A plan is essential when submitting a search on land/commercial or industrial sites. For a numbered residential property it is not essential, but is advisable to ensure accuracy.

We aim to return both standard and non-standard full local authority searches within within 5 working days.

No, but our land terrier services within property and development can tell you if it is within council ownership. Contact  or telephone (UK) 01922 658338

For privately owned land contact the land registry.

Rate this page