Rough sleeping and night shelters
We can give you support and help if you're homeless or worried about becoming homeless. Find out how to help someone you know is homeless.
Find out how to get a place in a housing association.
Access to Housing GuideDownload PDF (1.63 MB)
Choice Based Lettings Guide - Easy ReadDownload PDF (419.44 KB)
Find out how to support someone who is need of social housing.
If you need any housing advice or help, contact us.
Support for homeless people in the Walsall area
There are number of ways you can get help if you are homeless. If you are worried about someone who is sleeping rough, you can reach out to one of our outreach teams listed below.
You can also share their location with local charities like Change Into Action to help them get access to services.
Walsall Rough Sleepers Team
We give general day-to-day support, and will help you to:
- access housing
- maintain your tenancy
- maximise income with support to claim benefits
- access employment opportunities or further education
You can contact us by email.
We work in partnership with the night shelter. The night shelter can refer you to two other projects who can offer accommodation and help:
New Beginnings Street Teams is in Walsall. It works with children and young people abused through sexual exploitation.
They can help male, female and transgender people involved in the street sex industry.
They can help vulnerable individuals who are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping.
The service is for people who are:
- at risk of involvement in street sex work
- currently involved in street sex work
- previously involved in street sex work
- vulnerable with other complex needs
Call them on 01922 621208.
Housing First delivers a housing and support approach, it also:
- gives people who have experienced homelessness a stable home
- gives people with chronic health and social care needs help to rebuild their lives
- provides intensive, person-centred, holistic support that is open-ended
- places no conditions on individuals but they should want a tenancy
Housing First can provide a housing solution for homeless people who experience two or more of the below:
- entrenched rough sleeper
- affected by poor mental health
- with a history of offending
- with a history of domestic abuse
- often excluded from services
- with substance misuse
Principles for Housing FirstDownload PDF (138.56 KB)