The government announced a fund to help with increased home energy costs. Eligible households were entitled to a £150.00. The closing date for application was midnight on 31 August 2022.
What happens if you didn’t apply
Any eligible households who have not made a claim will have the rebate paid to their council tax account by 30 September 2022.
If you pay by direct debit your final instalment will be automatically adjusted.
If you pay by another method you can adjust your October/November instalment by £150.00 to pay less.
If you have already paid for this year the payment will show as a credit on next year’s bill.
Discretionary fund for non-eligible households
The government provided funding for us to operate a discretionary fund for households in need who are not eligible for the Council Tax energy rebate.
You will receive £150.00 if
- your property is in Band E – H, and
- you are in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR)
There is no need to apply for this, the assessment will be automatic and paid to your Council Tax account.
The closing date for applications was midnight on 31 August 2022.
You could receive up to £150 if:
- your property is in Bands E – H properties, and
- you are not in receipt of Council Tax Reduction, and
- you are able to demonstrate financial hardship
Apply online to get your bank account credited - scheme 3
Apply online to get your council tax account credited - scheme 3
The closing date for applications is midnight on 30 September 2022. You could receive up to £150 if:
- you’re a resident of property classed as a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) for council tax purposes, and
- you are directly billed for energy costs
Apply online - scheme 4
Find out more
You can find out more about the payment on the government's website or download their energy bills rebate factsheet.
If you have any questions, you can contact us by email or phone our energy rebate line.