This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Licensed collections for charities

You need a licence to collect for charity on a street or public place. Find out what licence you need and how to apply for or renew your licence.

A street includes includes any highway and any public bridge, road, lane, footway, square, court, alley, or passage.

You don't need to pay to apply for permission. Charities can only collect twice a year and you will need to apply 28 days before you plan to do your collection.

Contact information

Before contacting us, please check to see if we can answer your question from our online information.

Write to us:

Licensing Unit, Walsall Council, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall WS1 1TP

Business hours:

Monday to Friday: 8:45am - 5:15pm

Rate this page