Our Council Plan 2022-2025
Together we are proud: Proud of our past, our present and for our future.
We aim to reduce inequalities and make the most of potential. Together, we are committed to:
- developing a healthier, cleaner and safer borough
- enabling residents, communities and businesses to fulfil their potential and thrive
Our Council Plan:
- sets out ambitions for Walsall Council and for the borough
- sets out the outcomes that we will achieve
- explains how we will measure our progress towards those outcomes
- outlines how we will match resources to the delivery of outcomes in 2022/23
The global Covid-19 pandemic has presented us with many challenges. To meet them, we have changed the way we work. We've built on our relationships with local and regional partners to get positive results for residents.
As we have seen communities respond to the pandemic, we have also responded. Covid-19 has accelerated changes to the way we work, and the delivery of our promises. Our Proud Promises are:
- to improve outcomes and customer experience
- to improve employee satisfaction and engagement
- to improve service efficiency and performance
Our Council Plan 2022 - 2025Download PDF (780.99 KB)
Our key areas of focus
Enable greater local opportunities for all people, communities and businesses.
Encourage our residents to:
- lead more active, fulfilling and independent lives
- maintain or improve their health and wellbeing
Council services are customer focused, effective, efficient and fair.
Our children should:
- have the best possible start
- be safe from harm
- be happy, healthy, and learning well
Empower our communities so that they feel connected and that they belong in Walsall. Create safe and healthy places whilst building a strong sense of community.