Make a late application
The online portal closed on 15 January 2022.
If you apply after this date, or change the name or ranking of a school, we will process your application as late. It is unlikely that you will get a place at one of your preferred schools.
You can make a late application if the deadline of 15 January has passed and:
- your child is due to start reception in September 2022
- your child is due to transfer from infant to junior school in September 2022
Make a late application for a primary school place
Late applications received up to 4 weeks after the closing date
We will accept late applications as being on time if:
- you were unable to submit your online application to Walsall Council on time because you moved into the Borough of Walsall after the closing date
- exceptional circumstances prevented you from submitting your online application
- you are a single parent and have been ill for some time.
You will need to explain your circumstances in writing when you apply, and they will be considered by the Director of Children’s Services. This applies to applications received between 16 January 2022 and 13 February 2022.
You can view our late application policy for full details.
Late applications received more than 4 weeks after the closing date
Applications for schools received more than 4 weeks after the closing date but before the notification date will be considered only after all other applications.
This applies to applications received between 14 February 2022 and 15 April 2022.
Late applications received after the notification date (once places have been offered)
We will offer you a place at the highest ranked school if places are available.
For Walsall residents, if a place is not available at any of the preferred schools we will offer you a place at the nearest alternative Walsall school with vacant places. We will also put your child’s name on the waiting list for your preferred schools.
View the waiting list policy.