This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Travel assistance for children with SEND

Children with an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan

We may be able to help with travel if your child has special educational needs and/or a disability (SEND) or a medical condition, and:

This may include independent travel training, a personal travel budget or travel in a vehicle.

If your child has an EHC plan, contact the SEN team to discuss your needs.

Change of circumstances

If your child has an EHC plan and is staying in the same school with no change of circumstances, you do not need to re-apply.

If there is a change of circumstances, you’ll need to tell the SEN team. We’ll then carry out a new transport assessment.

Children without an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan

If your child does not have an EHC plan, we may also be able to help.  You can ask us to consider an application on medical grounds or other special circumstances that are outside the usual criteria.

Arrangements for Jane Lane School and Castle Business and Enterprise College

These schools use pick up points for transport. As a parent/carer, you are responsible for getting your child safely to a bus pick up point, including crossing any roads. We won't expect you to travel any further than half a mile to your pick up point, unless the SEN team decide otherwise.