This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Claim an unrecorded PROW

You can claim an unrecorded public right of way (PROW) by applying to modify the definitive map and statement. 

How to apply for a definitive map modification order (DMMO)

We will talk you through the procedure and discuss making an application. You'll need to:

  • provide your details
  • sign a statement of truth
  • provide a map to identify the route

You'll also need to tell us:

  • how the route is used (for example on foot, on horseback, by vehicles)
  • where the route starts and ends
  • for how long you have used the route
  • if you’ve ever been given permission to use the route, or asked to leave
  • if you have any other proof that indicates public use (for example photographs, guidebooks or letters)

Contact us to discuss making a DMMO application.

The order making authority (OMA) may ask if they can interview you, or if you are prepared to give evidence at a hearing. You can decline.

Register of applications

We are legally required to keep a register of applications. You can download the register below. We update the register within 28 days of receiving an application.

Download list

Rate this page