The Planning Committee meets to discuss planning applications and decide whether they will be approved or not.
On the Planning Committee site you can find:
- committee reports
- minutes of the meetings
- times and dates of upcoming meetings
- information on members of the committee
Five days before the meeting, the committee reports will be available to view on the Planning Committee site.
Council meetings are held in the Council Chamber at the Council House, Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1TW. Meetings are live-streamed online, or you can watch recordings at your convenience.
Applications are published online, and a committee date will be shown if the application goes to a planning committee. Committee dates may change if the Local Planning Authority receives more information or comments that need to be considered. The date will be fixed after the agenda for the meeting has been drafted. In the absence of a date, it is possible that the application won't be heard at a meeting.
How the registration and speaking process works
- To speak, you must register online or by writing or e-mailing to the Planning and Building Control Service by 5pm the day before the committee meeting.
- A maximum of two speakers in support and two against the officer's recommendation are allowed to speak. Any members who have registered to speak will be included in the maximum number of two, even if they are a member of the Planning Committee, or not.
- There will be a limit of two minutes speaking time for each speaker.
For more details on the speaking process please download the Planning Committee registration and speaking guide.
Planning Committee registration and speaking guideDownload PDF (87.54 KB)