Building control fees and charges
Our charges and fees include VAT at 20%. Regularisation charges are VAT exempt. We reduce the standard charge if you have paid for a pre-application consultation.
Let us help you before you apply
Our experienced surveyors can help you before you apply. Talk to us and we will give you one hour's free advice. The cost of further advice depends on who deals with your enquiry. Our charges range from £21.60 per hour to £66 per hour, depending on the advice your require. All prices are inclusive of VAT.
Our standard charges have been set on the basis that:
- building work does not consist of, or include, innovative or high risk construction techniques
- the duration of building work, from commencement to completion, does not exceed 12 months
- a person or company competent to carry out the work completes the building work and design
If these conditions are not met, the work may incur supplementary charges.
If you wish to increase your inspection programme with additional inspections, contact us. Any additional inspections may incur an additional cost.
Extra visits may may lead to additional inspection charges. They may be required due to:
- unsatisfactory work
- work not completed appropriately prior to inspection
- access to the site being unavailable
Any reference to the term ‘flat’ is inclusive of multi-storey flats or apartments.
Building notice charge
The use of the building notice procedure does involve the building control officer spending more time on site visits. It is for this reason that a project using the building notice procedure will incur a 20% increase in fees applicable, above those that are required for a project using the full plans procedure.