This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Anti social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is any behaviour that causes harassment, alarm or distress. ASB could be harming you, someone else, the environment or your wider community.

All ASB is unacceptable. You have a right to feel safe in your own home and community.

What counts as ASB?

ASB includes things like crime, nuisance or disorder that has a negative impact on your quality of life.

For example:

  • shouting, swearing and fighting
  • verbal abuse to yourself or someone else
  • harassment and intimidation
  • anti-social drinking
  • drug taking or dealing

Anti-social behaviour could also be:

  • noise from residents or businesses
  • animal noises, like constant barking
  • inappropriate use of vehicles
  • vandalism and criminal damage

How to handle ASB

Disputes between neighbours often begin as minor issues. While they may not be considered anti-social at first, these disputes can escalate over time.

If you're experiencing ASB and feel safe enough to, you should try to talk to the person causing the problem. They may not realise that their behaviour is causing a problem.

If the ASB continues, you should report it.

Reporting ASB to us

You can contact us to report anti-social behaviour. We will endeavour to deal with the problem and support you.

Sometimes, we won't be able to solve the problem. If you feel as though we haven't done enough, you can ask for an anti-social behaviour case review.

Problems with housing association tenants

If the person causing the ASB is a social housing tenant, you should report them to their housing association.

Reporting ASB to the police

You can:

  • call 999 if someone is in immediate danger or a crime is happening right now
  • call 101 if it's not an emergency
  • report the ASB online

Contact information

Before contacting us, please check to see if we can answer your question from our online information.

Write to us:

Community Protection, Walsall Council, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall WS1 1TP

Rate this page