This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Licensing and insurance for events

Whatever type of event you're running, you may need to:


You may need a licence if you want to sell alcohol or food at your event. Our temporary event notices page explains the different types of licences available and whether you need one.

You may also need a premises license depending on where you're holding your event, or if you want to feature entertainment like live music. Find out whether your choice of entertainment needs a licence.


Depending on the size and type of your event, you may need to get insurance. This won't make your event safer, but it will protect you if something goes wrong.

You should also get copies of the public liability insurance held by anyone working or taking part in your event. You should also get copies of their employers liability insurance.

Rate this page