The site is a rural retreat at the heart of Walsall town centre. First opened in 1874, it now spans 170 acres and includes Hatherton lake, the country park and the extension. The park includes gardens, green spaces, play areas, and sports facilities.
When you visit the Arboretum you will see a wide range of flora and wildlife. It has over 10,000 different species of trees and shrubs, which make a perfect backdrop for wedding photos. View permit prices for taking wedding photos at the Arboretum.
When it comes to sport and leisure, the Arboretum caters for all age groups. Many activities take place in the park, including walking, park runs, fishing and playing sports.
View the Friends of Walsall Arboretum Facebook Group.
Activities we offer
Facilities and features
- Baby changing facilities
- Bandstand - you can rent our bandstands
- Children's play area
- Cricket pavilion - you can rent our pavilions
- Fishing, visit the government website to get a licence. Please return any fish you catch to the water.
- Multi-use games area
- Outdoor fitness
- Pavilion orchard
- Pedalos - £3.50 per adult, £2.50 per child. The minimum boat hire is £10 and sessions last 30 minutes. Book and pay on site.
- Running group
- Skate park - free to use
- Social cycling group
- Splash pad is normally open during school holidays. View school term dates.
- Toilets, including disabled toilets
- Visitor Centre - you can hire our rooms
Most of the pathways in the park are flat, and most areas are wheelchair accessible.
Sports pitches and equipment
Getting to the Arboretum
Several bus companies run services that will take you near to the Arboretum including National Express West Midlands, Diamond Buses and Arriva Travel.
There are free car parks at the Arboretum extension on Broadway North and The Crescent, and paid car parking sites are near to the town centre entrances to the park. View opening times for the on-site car park.
Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS4 2BU