Willenhall Memorial Park
The site was created in the 1920s by unemployed ex-servicemen as a tribute to locals who lost their lives in the First World War.
Today, you can enjoy a wide variety of trees, plants and shrubs and a range of facilities.
Activities we offer
Facilities and features
- Bandstand - ramped access
- Children's play area - wheelchair-friendly roundabout and play bowl
- Enclosed dog park
- Multi-use games area - wheelchair accessible
- Skate park - free to use
- Splash pads - normally open during school holidays (check school term times). You can also check our facebook page
- Outdoor gym - find out more about equipment on site and how to use it safely
- Fishing - visit the government website to get a licence to fish. Please return any fish you catch to the water.
- Community pavilion with toilets
Sports pitches and equipment
- Cricket pitch
- Football pitches
- Tennis courts-free to use. Book throught the lawn tennis association website.
The park has hard, tarmac-surfaced paths that are accessible for wheelchair users, people with mobility impairments and pushchairs. All paths are at least 1100mm wide, with many allowing for turning (1500 to 2000mm wide). The most accessible gates are on Pinson Road or the vehicle access gate on Dartmouth Road.
The most easily-accessible gate is on Pinson Road. You can also access the park through the Dartmouth Avenue vehicle gate.
To access the park through Park Avenue and Parkside Avenue you will need to get through a secure K-gate. These barriers are 870mm from the floor to the bottom of the squeeze plate and the squeeze plate is 530mm wide. The three entrances on Noose Lane are 'kissing' gates, and are 1050mm wide with an 800mm inner standpoint.
The fishing pool has a wheelchair accessible platform and a wooden boardwalk to access the conservation pool.
There are more than 60 benches around the park.
Doors to the community pavilion are wide enough for wheelchair access (at least 750mm). It has a wheelchair accessible toilet (at least 2.2m X 1.5m) with:
- an outward opening door
- corner layout with grab rails
- higher level pan (460mm from floor to rim)
- wash basin with lever tap
It is accessible with a left hand transfer using a drop rail.
There is also a wheelchair-accessible toilet (at least 2.2m X 1.5m) accessed with a radar key. This has a right hand transfer with a drop rail plus the other facilities as above.
The outdoor gym is right next to the tarmac path for easy access. It has wheelchair-accessible equipment, including:
- seatless lat' pull down
- seatless chest press
- seatless tai chi wheel
- seatless bike
Getting to Willenhall Memorial Park
Several bus companies run services that will take you near to the park including National Express West Midlands, Thandi Transport and Diamond Buses. Nearest bus stops are on Pinson Road - buses 25, 703 or Aston Road - bus 57.
There is a large car park with 3 accessible parking bays. View opening times for the free on-site car park. There are several paying car parks nearby.
Willenhall Memorial Park, Pinson Road, Willenhall, WV13 2PL