From November to March we are open Tuesday to Saturday 10am - 4pm
(click here for full details of our opening and closing times throughout the year)
"Fantastic museum. We spent nearly two hours there and learnt so much about Walsall history and leather history from the fabulous displays and friendly staff" (Visitor's review on TripAdvisor)
Discover why Walsall became the British leather goods capital in this fascinating working museum, housed in a restored leather factory.
Walsall people have been making some of the world's finest saddles and leather goods for over two hundred years. Walsall Leather Museum celebrates the great achievements of local leather craftsmen and women, and tells the story of the Walsall leather trade. Our displays feature splendid examples of historic craftsmanship and exciting contemporary designs.
Attractions and facilities
- Guided tours available
- School group visits and activities
- Conference facilities
- Demonstrations of traditional leather crafts in our atmospheric workshops
- Make your own keyring
- Museum Shop, which sells Walsall-made leather goods such as purses, wallets, handbags and belts at discounted prices; as well as books and souvenir items
- Exciting events programme for both adults and children
- Attractive gardens and picnic area
- Refreshments available (hot drinks and biscuits)
- Baby-changing facilities
- Fully wheelchair accessible, including toilet facilities
- Visitors with additional needs are very welcome
|Tuesday to Saturday 10am - 5pm(April - October)
||Sundays and Mondays
(Except Easter Monday*)
|Tuesday to Saturday 10am - 4pm (November - March)
|*Easter Monday - 2 April 2018
Walsall Leather Museum is situated on the edge of Walsall town centre, on the A4148 Littleton Street West ring road. Junctions 7, 9, and 10 of the M6 are nearby.
Walsall is within half-an-hour's drive of Birmingham, Lichfield, Dudley and Wolverhampton. A pay and display car park (Day Street) is opposite the museum. The museum is a short walk from the local bus and train stations.
Walsall Leather Museum
Littleton Street West
Walsall WS2 8EW
Telephone 01922 652288
Winner! Marsh Trust Award 2011
“In recognition of an outstanding contribution to engaging museum audiences.”
(Regional winner for West Midlands)