19 March 2020: Walsall Leather Museum is temporarily closed due to the current Coronavirus situation
Walsall Council Closure of Leisure and Cultural Facilities Statement
All events for March, April and May are cancelled.
We are contacting people who have booked places on workshops or events, who will be offered refunds where necessary.
Where events are rescheduled, we will aim to communicate this as soon as possible.
Discover why Walsall became the British leather goods capital in this fascinating working museum, housed in a restored leather factory.
Walsall people have been making some of the world's finest saddles and leather goods for over two hundred years. Walsall Leather Museum celebrates the great achievements of local leather craftsmen and women, and tells the story of the Walsall leather trade. Our displays feature examples of historic craftsmanship and exciting contemporary designs.
Attractions and facilities
- Guided tours available
- School group visits and activities
- Conference facilities
- Demonstrations of traditional leather crafts in our atmospheric workshops
- Make your own keyring
- Museum Shop, which sells Walsall-made leather goods such as purses, wallets, handbags and belts at discounted prices; as well as books and souvenir items
- Exciting events programme for both adults and children
- Garden and picnic area
- Refreshments available (hot drinks and biscuits)
- Baby-changing facilities
- Wheelchair accessible, including toilet facilities
- Visitors with additional needs are very welcome
Walsall Leather Museum is situated on the edge of Walsall town centre, on the A4148 Littleton Street West ring road.
Further access details
Walsall Leather Museum
Littleton Street West
Walsall WS2 8EW
Winner! Marsh Trust Award 2011
“In recognition of an outstanding contribution to engaging museum audiences.”
(Regional winner for West Midlands)