This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Housing associations

Walsall Council does not own any council houses. In March 2003, two new housing associations were formed to manage the homes sold to them by the council. These two housing associations are Walsall Housing Group (whg) and WATMOS Housing Co-operative (WATMOS).

What is a housing association?   

A housing association (also known as a Registered Provider) is a name for an organisation that manages social housing. Social housing means homes for rent or sale that are not owned by a private landlord. 

Housing associations aim to provide good quality homes for rent and or sale that are affordable. They use government grants and loans from banks to build new houses and improve others. 

They are managed by a committee of volunteers that may include tenants, local councillors, and business people chosen for their skills and expertise and representatives from the council and community groups. The performance of housing associations is monitored by the Tenant Services Authority.


Walsall housing group is committed to transforming the quality of life in our neighbourhoods and is working in partnership with Walsall Council on key projects identified in the strategic regeneration framework for the borough.

To find more information about Walsall Housing Group please visit


WATMOS housing co-operative is made up of eight tenant management organisations (TMO's), they are:

  • Burrowes Street TMO, Birchills
  • Chuckery TMO, Walsall
  • Delves West TMO, Palfrey
  • Delves East TMO, Palfrey
  • Leamore TMO, Leamore
  • Sandbank TMO, Bloxwich
  • Twin Crescents TMO, Pelsall
  • The Avenues TMO, Brownhills

WATMOS Housing Co-operative owns the homes and each TMO is responsible for the day to day management of the homes.

To find out more information about WATMOS Housing Co-operative please visit

Other social housing providers

There are a number of other social housing providers who also have homes in Walsall, to view the list  please view the Access to housing booklet.  


HomeSwapper is available to secure and assured tenants in social housing (rented property) who want to swap homes. This is also called mutual exchange. You will usually be allowed to swap your home with a tenant, from another council or housing association, who lives in Walsall. Please check directly with your own landlord if they have signed up to HomeSwapper.

HomeSwapper is a web-based service, so you will need access to the internet, either directly or with the help of a family member or friend.
If you do not have the internet at home, you can book computer time in most Walsall libraries and use the service in this way. You can also use the computers located in the First Stop Shop in the Civic Centre.

Once registered, you can search for potential swaps, both locally and nationally and receive frequent match alerts either by email or text message, if you have a mobile phone.

Registration is quick and easy just log-on to and give it a try!

Adapted housing

 If you need an adapted social housing property, you should register on the waiting list of one or more of the housing associations operating in Walsall.

Download list