This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Energy efficiency funding and advice

Apply for funding and get advice

Use the government's Simple Energy Advice website to find out about and apply for local and national home energy grants. They also provide impartial advice about making your home more energy efficient and reducing your energy bills.

The Energy Saving Trust is an independent organisation that provides advice to help you save energy at home. They have information on a range of energy saving initiatives including roof and loft insulation, draught proofing, solar panels and heat pumps.

Apply for help to improve a home with no gas boiler (Home Upgrade Grant) 

Use the government's Home Upgrade Grant website to find out about and apply for a Home Upgrade Grant.

Support for low income households

You can apply for help from the energy company obligation flexibility scheme (ECO Flex) if your household income is below £31,000 per year, and your home is hard to heat or you are vulnerable to cold. Find the full eligibility criteria in our ECO Flex statement of intent.

Download list

We consider all ECO-Flex applications for approval in line with the statement for intent. The money for the works is not ours and we have no control over whether help is available or not.

Green Homes grant

The Green Homes grant, including the Local Authority Delivery scheme and the Home Upgrade Grant, are schemes delivered by local authorities to improve the energy efficiency of eligible homes. The schemes can help private owner occupied households and private rented properties.

How we use your data

Read our privacy notice, which applies to all data collected in relation to Government funded energy efficiency schemes.

Download list

Other help available

Find more support on our help with the cost of living page.

Contact us

You can contact our energy efficiency team for more information about energy efficiency funding and how to save energy at home.