Help getting a job
If you're looking for work, education or training, and you meet our criteria, we can help you.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you live in the borough, are not in employment, education or training, and have a:
- learning disability
- physical disability
- sensory, visual or hearing impairment
- mental health issue
- long term health condition
- autism diagnosis
You are also eligible if you are either:
- a carer
- a young person with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) making the transition to adulthood
How we can help
We will pair you with a specialist employment adviser. They will meet you to discuss your situation, goals and ambitions. They will then work with you to build an individual development plan.
Our specialist employment advisers can:
- provide regular review meetings and mentoring sessions
- support you to access training, education and employment opportunities
- help you to prepare for and attend interviews
- train and support you to apply for jobs, improve your CV and build your confidence
- identify training and education opportunities available locally
- support you to contact employers and Jobcentre Plus, or contact them for you
- direct you towards other services that can help, such as Walsall Works
Support for young people
If you are between 16 and 29 years of age and not in employment, education or training, we can still help you. You do not need to meet the eligibility criteria above.
Get assessed for support
To find out if we can help you and how, you need to speak to adult social care.