Vision for the future - We are Walsall 2040
Organisations from across Walsall have come together to develop a vision for the future of the borough. More than 10,000 residents and businesses have shared their views about what they want Walsall to look and be like in 2040 and beyond.
We are Walsall 2040 (WAW2040) and we will:
- help our partners prioritise resources and develop shared ambitions for a Walsall that works for everyone
- be shaped by the views, experiences, ideas and ambitions of those who live, work, visit and do business in the borough
Since May 2022 we have been working on one of the biggest listening and engagement exercises ever conducted in the borough.
The listening and engagement involved:
- A boroughwide household survey and online survey
- Over 20 micro-grants were awarded to community and voluntary organisations to run their own engagement events and activities
- Partner led promotion, communication and engagement
- Discussions at whg coffee mornings
- Discussions and focus groups at mosques
- Attendance at local events including Walsall Pride, Walsall Jobs Expo, Walsall College Fresher Fair
- Ongoing engagement with primary and secondary school pupils
Over 8,000 people, organisations and groups responded. Thank you if you took the time to take part and have your say.
WAW2040 residents survey
A random sample of 10,000 households across the borough received questionnaires. The survey was also available online.
The survey asked questions about where you live, climate change, economy and jobs, children and families and well being.
1,490 people responded to the postal survey and 423 responses were made online. Our survey partner BMG Research donated 50p to Walsall branches of The Black Country Food Bank for every survey returned; a total of £956.50.
WAW2040 community led engagement
We know that voluntary organisations are at the heart of our communities and that they know the people and the places inside out. This is why we awarded over 20 micro-grants to voluntary organisations to run their own exciting WAW 2040 engagement activities within the community during summer 2022.
Residents, communities and businesses highlighted their current and future priorities and concerns on a range of issues including the need to continue to create a thriving borough where people feel safe, clean green streets and spaces, good jobs and leisure opportunities for all.
You also said we need to continue with our key areas of focus; our plans to regenerate, strengthen partnership working and communicate our ambition to collectively foster a sense of pride.
Have your say on the draft WAW2040 borough plan
The draft WAW 2040 borough plan has been developed using the insight we gathered. You can now have your say before it is approved later this year, after which a partner led delivery plan will be developed to ensure the ambitions in the plan are realised.
You can find out more about the findings from the listening and engagement, review the draft borough plan and have your say. Consultation closes 21 March 2023.
How to contact us
You can get in touch with us by email.
- Walsall College
- University of Wolverhampton
- West Midlands Fire Service
- WHG Housing Association
- One Walsall
- West Midlands Police
- Walsall Together
- Walsall for All
- NHS Black Country and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group
- Walsall FC
- Walsall FC Foundation