Apply for a Community Capital grant
Walsall Council has allocated £2.79m for the 2022 – 2026 Community Capital Programme:
- £2,050,101 for the Bloxwich Town Deal area
- £741,910 for the Walsall Town Deal area
If your organisation is eligible, you can apply for a grant to upgrade buildings to provide:
- enhanced learning and support environments
- individuals with skills needed for work activity
The deadline for completing projects and incurring expenditure is 31 March 2026.
Who can apply
Your organisation is eligible if it provides services in the Bloxwich and Walsall Town Deal areas, and is an established:
- not-for-profit small voluntary and community sector organisation (VCS)
You must also have:
- a written constitution/memorandum of association, or set of rules, which has been formally adopted
- a bank account in the organisation name with at least 2 signatories
- policies in place for health and safety, equality, and sustainable development
- employers and public liability insurance
- a safeguarding/vulnerable adults policy (if this is a legal requirement for your project)
How to apply
Download and complete the expression of interest (EOI) formShow content
Community Capital Programme expression of interest formDownload DOCX (172.87 KB)
We’ll use the information you provide to check that your organisation and project are eligible. Then we will assess how well your project proposal meets the priorities for grant funding. You can find full details and guidance on the form.
Send your form back to usShow content
Email your completed form to CommunityCapital@walsall.gov.uk
Make sure to include ‘EOI’ and your organisation name as the subject title. Send it from the email address you specify in section 2 of the EOI form.
We assess your EOIShow content
After you submit the form, we'll send you an email to say we have received it.
We will assess your EOI and let you know if you’ll be invited to submit a full application. Please allow 10 working days for us to assess your application.
Make a full applicationShow content
If your EOI is approved, we will invite you to submit a full application.
We’ll send you the relevant form and advice about how to fill this in.
At this stage you’ll need to provide full details about you, your organisation, and your project. We will also give you a date by which you should return the form.