We enforce licensing legislation to help protect the public. We monitor:
- taxis, including hackney carriages, private hire vehicles, their drivers and base operators
- premises that sell alcohol, late night refreshments, or provide regulated entertainment
- gambling premises, under the Gambling Act 2005
- pavement licences and street traders
- scrap metal dealers
- sex establishments
- unauthorised encampments
- some highway obstructions, including damage or danger to roads
We can sanction businesses and individuals who breach their licences or permits. This includes reviews, suspensions and revocation.
You can be prosecuted if you don't follow the legal requirements of your licence. If you're a licence holder, we can help you meet these requirements.
Before contacting us, please check to see if we can answer your question from our online information.
Community Protection, Walsall Council, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall WS1 1TP