This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Tell us about a change

You must tell us about any changes that may affect your business rates or the amount that you have to pay.

If you are moving in or out of a property

If you are moving into a property, you will need to contact us

If your property has become empty

You may be able to stop paying business rates for a period if a property you own or lease is now empty. Find out more about exemptions and reliefs.

Once you have told us of a change or a move, we will issue you with a revised bill. If you are unsure whether you need to report a change, contact us.

Report a change in your business premises

You'll need to tell the Valuation Office Agency if:

  • the nature of your business changes
  • you sublet part of your property
  • you merge two or more properties into one

The Valuation Office Agency will let us know of any rating changes to your property.