In line with current government guidance
during the national lockdown period, Walsall’s Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs) remain open seven days a week. You must wear a face covering during your visit, unless you are exempt.
Opening times from Thursday 1 April 2021
You can now 'view the queue' at each site via a live web cam feed at the above links. This will be a live feed and will not be recorded.
Please see each site for details of waste accepted. Strictly no trade or business waste can be accepted at either site.
Making your way to the sites
Please expect to queue
We expect demand for both sites to be high, so expect to queue when you approach the HWRCs. We will be on hand to guide you.
Identification and proof of residency
You will need two forms of identification. One must be photo ID (drivers licence, passport, etc.) and the other must show proof of Walsall residency (recent utility bill, current council tax summary). Please remain in your vehicle whilst in the queue, and show your ID through the closed window of your vehicle to HWRC operatives.
Safety and social distancing
Social distancing measures are in place throughout both sites. You are required to wear a face covering whilst visiting our sites, unless you are exempt from doing so. Please follow any advice or guidance given to you by staff on site. Please exit the HWRC using the site signage, and direction from site operatives.
- Residents who are showing symptoms of COVID-19, in a 14-day household isolation or who are vulnerable and remaining at home for shielding purposes should not attend HWRC sites.
- In addition to maintaining social distancing, residents are required to wear face coverings whilst out of their vehicles, unless exempt from doing so.
- Only one person will be permitted in each car, unless bringing a bulky item that requires two people to unload it or if the person is registered as having a disability and carries an authorised Blue Badge. If two people are required they must be from the same household.
- Sites will operate on a ‘one car out, one car in’ arrangement, controlled by the staff on-site who will direct residents where to park and unload.
- Residents must remain in their vehicle while queuing to aid with social distancing and must not leave their vehicle until it is necessary to get out.
- Pedestrians walking in with waste will not be permitted access to the sites.
- Site staff will be unable to offer any assistance with unloading vehicles or carrying items.
- To comply with social distancing restrictions both sites will be operating with revised layouts, marked with signage. Please follow any advice or direction given to you by staff on site.
- For households with residents showing COVID-19 symptoms, waste should be left for 72 hours before being double-bagged and brought to the HWRC.
- Residents returning home after visits to HWRCs should remember not to touch their face and to wash their hands for 20 seconds on arrival at their destination.
- Restrictions apply to types of vehicles accepted at both HWRC sites. Please see the site page for vehicles allowed on site, including information on how to make a booking to bring a van or trailer to the HWRC.
- Trade or business waste is not permitted at either HWRC site.