Walsall Council House
Walsall Council House was built by the architect John Gibson between 1902 and 1905. It cost £98,000.
The parlour, anteroom and lobby
The mayor's anteroom displays much of the fine art-nouveau detailing that Gibson used for decoration throughout the building.
The doors and door surrounds in the suite are art-nouveau in style. Along with with the fireplace, they are all original fittings.
Some of the items on show in the parlour, anteroom and lobby are gifts bestowed to Walsall and its mayors over the years. Many have interesting stories.
The parlour is used as the mayor's personal office and for hosting small receptions for visiting parties.
All guests are asked to sign the official visitors book. There are names recorded from all around the world, as well as from our own Royal Family.