Transferring to a different secondary school
From 1 September 2021 all secondary schools in Walsall are responsible for processing their own mid-year admissions applications. You will need to apply direct to your preferred school.
The school should contact you with their decision within 15 school days of your application. You should contact the school directly if you haven’t received a written response within this time. They will tell you how to appeal if you’re not offered a place.
If your child has a statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an Education Health and Care (EHC) plan, you should contact Walsall Council’s SEN Team or the local authority that issued their statement or plan.
If your child does not currently have a school place, contact the CME team for advice and support.
Contact Walsall secondary schools
- Aldridge School
- Barr Beacon School
- Bloxwich Academy
- Blue Coat Church of England Academy
- Brownhills Ormiston Academy
- Grace Academy Darlaston
- Joseph Leckie Academy
- Ormiston Shelfield Community Academy
- Pool Hayes Academy
- Queen Mary’s Grammar School (boys)
- Queen Mary’s High School (girls)
- Shire Oak Academy
- St Francis of Assisi Catholic School
- St Thomas More Catholic School
- Streetly Academy
- Walsall Academy
- West Walsall E-ACT Academy
- Willenhall E-ACT Academy