This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Report an obstruction on the road or pavement

It is an offence to cause an obstruction on highways or streets, as set out in the Highways Act 1980. A highway is a road, pavement, verge, footpath or bridleway.

Report a problem

If an obstruction is dangerous and needs to be removed urgently, call us on 01922 653344.

Otherwise, you can use our online form. You should include the following information:

  • the location of the obstruction
  • the type of obstruction (for example, a skip or scaffolding)
  • the problem it is causing (for example, it is blocking the road)​

Rate this page