This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Tell us about moving an abnormal load

If you are a haulier, you must tell us in advance if you intend to carry an abnormal load through Walsall Borough.

Abnormal loads are vehicles over 44 tonnes or oversized in terms of height and width. You can find full details about transporting abnormal loads as well as application forms and guidance on the government's website.

Giving notice about moving an abnormal load

By law, you must give us a minimum of two days' notice before moving the load.

If the load is over 150 tonnes, 6.1 metres wide or 27.4 metres long, you will need a Highways England special order. You must also give us five days' notice.

We will charge you if we have to take action to enable your journey (for example, moving street furniture or strengthening a carriageway).

Rate this page