This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Closing roads for an event

You will need to ask the council if you want to close a road for an event. The advice on this page applies to:

  • fun runs
  • road races
  • carnivals
  • street parties
  • street art events
  • processions

If you are planning on holding an event in Walsall, you should follow the steps below.

Who to ask if you want to close a road

You will need to contact us if you want to close a road for an event.

We can talk you through any safety issues, as well as what impact it may have on local roads.

We'll then decide if any roads need to be closed. We may charge a fee for this.

Arrange temporary traffic management

It is your responsibility as the event organiser to source an approved traffic management company who will safely manage the road closure.

Get in touch with our team to access our list of approved suppliers.

Notify essential services

You must let the fire and ambulance services know that you're running an event that will impact roads and highways. This is because road closures may impact their ability to respond to incidents.

You can contact them through the West Midlands Fire Service and West Midlands Ambulance Service websites.

Further advice

If you have any questions, contact our team.

Rate this page