How we help to develop our communities
We aim to improve the quality of life and health of everyone living or working within our borough.
We want to help:
- support individuals, groups and organisations
- raise Walsall's profile and showcase our achievements
- build community spirit and sustainable communities
- remove barriers that might stop people from taking part in events and decision making
- provide council buildings to community groups
We do this through working with diverse communities and nurturing partnerships, like the Local Compact.
What is the Local Compact?
The Local Compact is a partnership that brings together people from across the borough and helps us to work towards common goals.
It's made up of people from:
- Walsall Council
- the local NHS
- the Voluntary and Community Sector
- local businesses
- Walsall's community
This partnership helps us to create and manage cultural opportunities, events and projects that improve all of our lives.
We also work with a number of voluntary organisations within the borough. These include:
Report a building problem
If your community organisation has problem in the council building it's based in, let us know. We can help with repairs and maintenance.