This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Apply to run local council services

Community groups in Walsall can apply to run local authority services. This is known as a 'challenge' or 'community right to challenge.'

You can challenge your local authority if you are part of a:

  • community organisation
  • voluntary sector organisations
  • group of council staff

Find out about about the scheme in the government's Community Right to Challenge guidance.

How to submit an expression of interest

If you want to run a local council service, you will need to submit an expression of interest. You can send this to us at any point of the year.

Submitting an expression of interest does not automatically mean you'll be able to run the service. But it does mean you can take part in its procurement process alongside other organisations.

You can send your expression of interest to us by email or by post (marked "Community Right to Challenge")

What to include in your expression of interest

You should include:

  • your contact details
  • an overview of your proposal
  • information about how you will align with statutory requirements and guidance

Who reviews expressions of interest?

Our Head of Procurement and Shared Services will review your expression of interest. They may get in contact with you to find out more information.

Proposals that meet our criteria will then be reviewed by our Corporate Management Team.

Find more information about how the council procures and awards contracts.

Contact information

Before contacting us, please check to see if we can answer your question from our online information.

Write to us:

Procurement, Walsall Council, Civic Centre, Darwall Street, Walsall WS1 1TP

Business hours:

Monday to Thursday: 8.45am - 5.15pm

Friday: 8.45am - 4.45pm

Rate this page