Adult social Care
Carers Rights Day - Warm Home and Legal Workshop
Forward Carers invite you to come along and hear about what support is available to you as an unpaid Carer.
In partnership with Walsall Council, Forward Carers invite you to come along and hear about what support is available to you as an unpaid Carer, have the opportunity to meet other organisations from the area who can support you in your caring role and enjoy talking with other Carers over lunch.
Visit Walsall Carers Hub for more information; the event itself will be taking place on Carers Rights Day in the Town Hall on 24 November 2022 10-3pm.
Further details about the event and the opportunity to book a spot can be found here.
What will we learn about?
We have invited The National Energy Action team to come along and deliver an insightful workshop around:
- Managing energy costs - information on the energy crisis, energy prices, smart meters and top tips on managing energy bills
- Support schemes - grants and schemes to help with bills, including where to go for 1-2-1 support
- Reducing energy use - understanding energy use, energy saving tips and grants for energy efficiency improvements
- Keeping safe - how to sign-up the Priority Services Register and keep people safe if there was a power cut or if the gas supply was interrupted
We will then be joined by Aimee from Central Law England who will lead a session around:
- Where the duties come from
- Adult’s with care and support needs rights
- Carers rights
- What the options are to challenge a local authority when things don’t work as they should
- A couple of case studies
Who is the day aimed at?
If you are supporting someone in Walsall due to frailty, illness, long term condition or disability, then you are welcome to join us. We are Forward Carers, and we deliver the Walsall Carers Hub, and we are here to support you. Do not worry, we will have lots of information and advice available on the day from our partners, and if you are not already registered with us, you can register also on the day