Report a concern about care quality
We want to improve the quality of services provided by care homes and agencies. We want to support those who provide high quality care so they continue to do so.
If you or someone you know receives home care, residential or nursing care services, we want to hear from you.
Read about our commitment to quality care in Walsall.
Getting good care in care homes and in your own homeDownload PDF (534.15 KB)
There is a team at Walsall Council that works with homes and agencies. They are the Quality Assurance Team. The team visits care homes and agencies to see how they are looking after people.
There are things you can expect from your care provider. We call this the Walsall Care Pledge.
Walsall Care PledgeDownload PDF (200.82 KB)
Your right to quality care
It is your life and you have the right to be respected and to ask for certain things.
If you are receiving care you have the right to:
- expect care, treatment and support that meets your needs
- enjoy life and feel and be treated as a valued member of the community
- privacy, dignity and confidentiality in all matters
- be safe
- be cared for by qualified, well trained staff who enjoy what they do
- expect your care provider to check the quality of its services
- be involved, listened to, have your feedback heard and receive a response
Contact us if you have any concerns about your or someone else’s care.