Shared Lives scheme
Shared Lives is a nationwide scheme that helps adults with social care needs. Our Shared Lives carers provide support from their own homes. You could get support in a carer's home if you have:
- a disability
- mental health issues
- age related needs, for example Dementia
Types of support
We will pair you with one of our registered Shared Lives carers. The support we offer includes:
- long term support through living with a carer for an agreed period of time
- overnight care and support, like staying at a carer's home for one night or more
- day and evening support delivered from a carer's home
- transition support, e.g. living with a carer until the age of 18 (this can be extended)
- supporting patients at home recovering from hospital treatment
- temporarily supporting service users whose regular care arrangements may have stopped
Access the Shared Lives Scheme
Contact us if you or someone you know would like to learn more about our Shared Lives scheme.
Become a Shared Lives carer
You will need to be assessed and approved by an independent panel to become a Shared Lives carer. We provide full training and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and family circumstances.
For more information contact The Walsall Shared Lives Team.
CQC Rating for Walsall Shared Lives
Overall rating for this service: Good - 10 July 2019
See the full report at the CQC Report Rating website.