We understand that people in our community with hearing or sight loss may need support. That's why we offer services that help adults who have hearing loss or are partially sighted, deaf, blind or deafblind remain as independent as possible.
How sensory support can help
We provide support to help with independent living. We can:
- provide BSL interpreting
- help with your money, bills and benefits
- support you to find and move into a home
- help you with life skills like cooking, cleaning and shopping
- find activities or social events that interest you
We can also provide equipment to help with independent living by:
- assessing your needs and providing equipment
- arranging repairs and adaptations
We can also offer advice and advocacy, and support you to comment or complain about the service you receive.
- help with medical or personal care
- provide transport
Paying for sensory support
There is a charge for this service. If you're eligible for care services, we will ask you about your finances and base your charge on this.