Handy person service
We offer a handy person service for small jobs around the house you can avoid slips, trips and falls in your home. It can also improve home security and help tackle crime and fear of crime. This is a discretionary, free service.
Who can use the service
You can use the service if you are:
- aged 65 or over
- live in Walsall borough
- rent your home
- own your own home
What sort of jobs can the service do
Some of the jobs we can help with include:
- fitting doorbells
- fitting door chains/spy holes, new or replacement locks
- minor bathroom works to prevent slips and falls
- renewing bath sealants
- unblocking wash basins
- replacing broken toilet seats
- fitting letter baskets
- replacing light bulbs and batteries in smoke detectors
- putting up shelves
- taking down/putting up curtains and curtain rails
- unblocking sinks
- moving small pieces of furniture
What the service will not do
We cannot carry out:
- any kind of gas work
- electrical wiring
- general domestic tasks such as moving large amounts of furniture, disposing of rubbish or bulky waste
We do not provide the equipment for you, we only provide the labour. Each job will last up to 2 hours. You can only have one job per household per year.
How long you need to wait
We aim to help as soon as possible but it is not an emergency service. We can’t guarantee that our contractors can undertake the works straight away, as they might also be working on other projects. We hope that they can contact you within 7 days of your initial enquiry.
If we can help, we will arrange a day and time for our handy person to call between 9am and 4pm.
We can arrange a password on request, to help you identify the handy person when they arrive.
Book the handy person service
For further information or to book phone us at 01922652171, or email us at email@example.com