Drug and alcohol support
We provide services to support people through their recovery from addiction. We aim to reduce the harmful effects of alcohol and drugs on individuals, families and communities
Drug and alcohol recovery service
The Beacon provides free and confidential support for young people and adults in Walsall who misuse drugs or alcohol.
They also support friends, families, and carers affected by other people's substance misuse.
Support offered by The Beacon includes:
- structured drug treatment intervention programmes with a keyworker and shared-care services based at GP surgeries
- criminal justice interventions
- specialist needle exchange
- blood borne virus screening and vaccination
- harm reduction interventions
- access to mutual aid services, for example Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Family Anonymous, SMART Recovery
If you have an alcohol problem, refer yourself for treatment or advice at The Beacon. Services available range from preventative advice through to more intensive residential and in-patient specialist unit detoxification programmes.