Wheelchair accessible vehicles
The Taxis and Private Hire Vehicles (Disabled Persons) Act 2022 helps ensure disabled passengers aren't discriminated against when using a taxi or private hire vehicle.
Your rights as a passenger
As a disabled passenger, you have various rights under the Equality Act 2010. These include:
- Carriage whilst in your wheelchair
- Drivers must not charge you extra fare for a journey
- Carriage of your wheelchair, should you choose to sit in a passenger seat
- Drivers must take steps to ensure that they carry you in safe and reasonable comfort
- Drivers must provide reasonable levels of mobility-assistance for you
- Drivers cannot refuse hires from wheelchair users
- Drivers must accept the carriage of assistance dogs without any extra charge
For more information, visit the Transport support services for disabled people page.
List of wheelchair accessible vehicles
Section 167 of the Equality Act 2010 permits us to keep a register of wheelchair accessible vehicles in Walsall. Our register shows the type, model and loading details of the vehicle.
Wheelchair accessible vehicles register 27 October 2023Download PDF (121.66 KB)