This is a new service - your feedback will help us to improve it.

Apply for a civil marriage and civil partnership venue licence

You need a licence to hold civil marriages and civil partnership ceremonies at your venue.

Read the GOV.UK guidance on suitable premises.

Apply for a licence

Licenses last for a 3 year period. The license fee is £1,914.

When applying for or renewing a license you'll need to provide a plan of any rooms and venues where ceremonies will be held. For each room you must include:

  • the room name
  • dimensions
  • maximum occupancy
  • fire escapes

To find out more or apply for a licence, contact the licensing team.

Current licence applications

You can download our current marriage or civil partnership venue licence applications.

Download list

  • The Hatherton Suite, Civic Centre, Hatherton Road, Walsall, WS1 1TN. Closing Date: 29 November 2023
    Download PDF (128 KB)

Rate this page